Sunday 29 January 2012


Current Events 1
            Since we have all started blogging for this course and this course is about Web 2.0 tools I thought that I would combine these two aspects.  I have always been concerned about internet interactions between children and the possibility of wrongful interactions with adults. I decided to investigate a blogging site for children under the age of 13, everloop.  I myself tried to sign up for it and was impressed by their parental controls.  I was not able to sign up.  I put in a false name for a child and then the screen came up stating “To keep kids safe and to comply with COPPA law, we need to confirm your identity. Your information is private and will not be shared”.  The site also has a $1 charge to which 100 tokens would be put into a child’s account.  By giving out your credit card information the site is again able to do a security check on perspective parents or predators.  I found this site interesting and would have investigated more if I had a child and was able to sign up and take a full look at it myself.  Below you will find a link to the site and to more information on everloop.

No comments:

Post a Comment