Tuesday 20 March 2012

Tool #5 Prezi



Tool #5 Prezi
The fifth tool that I will be presenting an interactive presentation program.  I was inspired to play with this tool by the Autobiography of a Tech User and Creator assignments from the beginning of the term.  Quite a few of my fellow students used this program to introduce themselves and demonstrate their journey through technology.  What impressed me was how professional and interactive their presentations were.  I discussed this tool with a some people who had experimented with this tool and they assured me that a Prezi was easy to create and could be taught to our students.

Signing up for a Prezi account is simple  first you need to choose what  type of an account you would like.  There is the free basic account, a free education account Edu Enjoy, Enjoy for $59.00, and  Pro for  $159.00 per year.  The free education account gives you all of the same tools as the Enjoy account it only requires you to have an educational institution email account.  The educational account is what I have signed up for and  it allows you have access to the following details:

 Edu Enjoy

$0/year

·         Core Features
·         Storage Space
·         Make your prezis private to secure your content
·         Use your own logo instead of Prezi’s
·         Premium Support in less than 24 hours
Once you get signed up there are support videos to watch on how to make a basic prezi and how to enhance your presentations after you have masterd the basics.  The site also provides Cheat Sheets http://prezi.com/learn/get-started-cheat-sheet/ every step of the way so that you feel comfortable with what you’re creating.  I decided to use the basic video and Cheat Sheet to help me create a Prezi of the Disneyland vacation that I went on with my family in August 2010. 
I was able to take my own photographs, images and videos from the web, and to use text to create my Prezi with ease.  It is a simple point, type, click, and drag system.  I was able to be creative and add my own flair to this presentation.  I just got back from another trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth” and my own personal happy place and plan on creating an new Prezi for my sister who went on the trip with me as a virtual scrapbook.
Here is the Prezi that I created: http://prezi.com/g45keyxq2svf/edit/#32_7796154

I plan on showing my family my Prezi creation at the next family dinner and will post reactions in my final reflection.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment