Saturday 22 September 2012

Metadata? DMOZ? What?

Wow, this weeks reading confused me a bit.  After slugging through the technical mumbo jumbo and figuring out metadata I now see thew importance for my classroom and possible future library.  I discovered that Google is not necessarily the best way to search the internet.  While conducting my polar bear research with Google, Yahoo, and DMOZ all brought up a different rankings of results.  It turns out that DMOZ brought back the best result and is something that I will use in the future.  What I learned this week, Google may be the most prevalently used search engine but is not necessarily the best one out there.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this article to us , it is very nice article ,
    i really like like this article because i got good info about this article thanks for sharing this article to us regards.

    sap hana training in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete