Sunday 28 October 2012

Delicious, Not So Tasty ;)



I have experimented with delicious in the past when I was teaching at a high school but haven’t looked at it much for a while.  A few of my past colleagues were obsessed with this site and showed me some great stuff for my Socials and English classes.  What I remember from back then was all of tags and sorting of information, it gave me a headache and I didn’t continue using this site.

Going back to delicious now I searched for some of the topics that I am working on now I can see the need for consistency.  In keeping with the theme of fairy tales and fractured fairy tales, that is what I searched online.  A lot of the sites that I have explored in the past came up in my search.  However, there were also lots of other things that came up that didn’t have anything to do with what I was looking for.  I can see that being consistent with tagging be it on an online site like this one or in a database is an important thing, otherwise who knows what is being called what?  So to me delicious is not so tasty ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment